Fusion Realty's Environmental Sustainability
Our team at Fusion Realty prides itself on being environmentally responsible. We strive to use sustainable work practices to reduce our carbon footprint.
Environmental Sustainability Policy
Fusion Realty recognises the importance of protecting the environment and will endeavour to minimise the environmental impact of our work practices. We are continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy, with regular review points. Fusion Realty uses local businesses and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help give back to our local community.
Definitions: Environmentally sustainable work practices are those which reduce harm on the environment and reduce wastage of resources.
General Guidelines for Environmental Work Practices
All team members can help protect the environment by following the guidelines below:
- Use goods which stop waste being generated.
- Reduce waste by choosing products that have minimal packaging and can be used productively and then recycled.
- Re-use containers, packaging or other material, wherever possible.
- Recycle waste material into useable products, wherever possible.
For waste that can't be avoided, reused or recycled
- Reduce the volume and the use of the harmful components.
- Dispose of the waste correctly and safely.
Strategies to be implemented by the Management
- Consider sustainability issues when making planning and managing decisions.
- Promote and encourage environmental awareness to ensure employees are aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Aim to continually improve environmental performance by identifying and addressing environmental risk.
Fusion Realty Team Members Responsibilities
- Identify and manage environmental risks associated with work activities to minimise their impact on the environment.
- Use the Employee Feedback Form to put forward suggestions.
Environmental company purchasing guidelines
- Become informed about the environmental impacts of products purchased.
Search for environmentally-friendly products
- Choose products with less packaging.
- Choose products with recyclable or reusable packaging.
- Re-use plastic bags and all types of containers if possible.
- Buy quality goods that will last.
- Buy recycled goods which have already saved resources and raw materials, and help reduce the overall quantity of waste.
- Replace paper based systems with paperless systems wherever possible.
- Buy and use recycled paper where possible.
- Make double-sided copies when printing and photocopying, wherever possible.
- Use the blank side of used paper for notepaper before recycling.
Disposal of waste
- Place the following in recycle bins, depending on recycling facilities available. Paper, Aluminium, Glass, Steel and Plastics.
- Follow the guidelines for the disposal of these materials to minimise the impact on the environment.
- Use these strategies to minimise energy wastage:
- Maintain air-conditioning at a constant temperature of 23-24°C.
- Close blinds or curtains to minimise heat build-up.
- Switch off equipment at the wall power outlet overnight wherever possible.
- Repair malfunctioning utilities (e.g. leaking taps) as soon as possible.
Locomotion and Transport
Reducing car usage in favour of sustainable forms of transport.
- Walk where ever it is possible
- Use public transport where ever it is possible
Team members may work from a home office utilising information and communications technology to stay connected to colleagues and work systems when practical.
A system of working that allows our team members to choose, within limits, the days and the hours of work during a work week.